Thursday, May 24, 2018

My Exhibit!

Tiny Tropical Treasures
June 6 – July 7, 2018

 
OPENING RECEPTION - Meet the Artist
Studio 5 Gallery
Saturday, June 9, 6-9pm
2nd Saturday Art Walk at the
9518 Workhouse Way
Lorton, VA 22079
Gallery and Studio Hours:
Wednesday-Saturday 11am-6pm
Sunday 12-5pm
 
“Tiny Tropical Treasures” will showcase the artwork that I created while on a tropical island in Brazil this spring. I was chosen to be an Artist in Residence at Casa Na Ilha on the island of Ilhabela off Sao Paulo, Brazil. This is my second Artist in Residency in the past two years and I hope to make this a regular habit. I traveled through the island with my pens, watercolors and many sketchbooks. Some sketchbooks are handmade. Some are concertina folded. All are small. The beauty and culture of the island life have been carefully and creatively recorded. From the tropical gardens, the ocean, wildlife and a beautiful island home with my artist friends, you will enjoy Ilhabela Island vicariously through my Tiny Tropical Treasures exhibit.

The sketchbooks are creatively displayed in Gallery 5 so you can experience each day as I experienced it. Each day is a treasure to be revealed.
I hope to see you there!
Marni
www.marnimaree.com








No comments:

Post a Comment