Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Nov 4

After pouring rain all night, the sun came out after breakfast. PERFECT!!! We rode our bikes along the Rance River for about 3 miles. A beautiful peaceful flat path. The trees are just beginning to turn colors.

 

I may have to paint that later, but today I walked up the cobblestone path to find some half timber homes to draw. Just too many choices to stop and paint. I was by myself because I wore Eileen out with the biking!!! I walked and took photos and walked some more. I was not exactly lost but I had no direction in mind. I just wandered until I saw a sign for an English Garden. You know me and flowers..... There were a few left but the garden led me to the ramparts ABOVE the aqueducts. Nice surprise!  Our little house is near the end of the curve of the river towards the top of the pic on the left. You cannot quite see it here. 
 
 
I eventually found the path down. I still had some energy so I went back and sketched a bit until it started raining. Time to go home before I melted!
 

Eileen is a amazing cook and tonight we're having a French bean casserole dish. It smells great! Last night was salmon and a great veggie that is a combo of broccoli and cauliflower. Almost too pretty to eat! Definitely pretty enough to paint.
 

Here are some pics of the area and the house...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have a few sketches started but not ready to post. Here is my first one in my big sketchbook. It is the Grand Vignette, our home for the month.

 

Tomorrow..... Who knows?! Depends on if it rains or not.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEWEL!!!!

1 comment: